(Redirected from Mountaineers)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mountain Troops are an elite branch of the Infantry, specifically trained for operations in mountainous terrain. They make use of specialised equipment and tactics to give them an edge over regular Infantry in such an environment.
Mountain Division Statistics
|Model||Default ORG||Morale||Air Attack||Air Def.||Soft Attack||Hard Attack||Tough-
|Max Speed||Supply Cons.||Fuel Cons.||Supp.||Transp. Weight||Upgrade Time Factor||Upgrade Cost Factor||Speed Cap Art||Speed Cap Eng||Speed Cap AT||Speed Cap AA|
- Mountain divisions are considered soft units
- Mountaineers have higher org and morale, reduced soft and hard attack values, and cost more IC and more manpower compared to a normal infantry of the same year.
- They get far less combat penalties when fighting in winter, frozen, snow or even blizzard conditions.
- They get attack and defence bonuses in mountains and hills, which increase further along the tech tree.
- In fact, the defence bonuses can get so staggeringly high that it becomes impossible to get a few mountaineer divisions out of a mountainous province during winter using conventional warfare.