Cavalry Divisions (Cav) are able to move fairly rapidly over most types of terrain and do not require a supply of fuel to operate, but they are lightly armed when compared with Armoured units, and the automatic weapons of the time can inflict devastating casualties to both men and horses. That is not to say that Cavalry can't prove useful in some instances as a mobile reserve.
Cavalry Division Statistics
|Model||Default ORG||Morale||Air Attack||Air Def.||Soft Attack||Hard Attack||Tough-
|Max Speed||Supply Cons.||Fuel Cons.||Supp.||Transp. Weight||Upgrade Time Factor||Upgrade Cost Factor||Speed Cap Art||Speed Cap Eng||Speed Cap AT||Speed Cap AA|
|I. Great War Cavalry||30||30||1||2||4||0||10||10||100||8||95||9||7||1.2||0||4||30||1.0||1.0||7||7||7||7|
|II. Early Cavalry||30||30||2||3||8||1||10||10||100||8||95||9||7||1.2||0||4||30||0.5||1.0||7||7||7||7|
|III. Basic Cavalry||30||30||3||4||10||2||12||12||100||8||95||9||7||1.3||0||4||30||0.5||1.0||7||7||7||7|
|V. Armored Cavalry||30||30||7||6||16||10||20||20||60||14||135||9||10||2.2||3.0||4||30||0.5||1.0||10||10||10||10|
|VI. Air Cavalry||40||40||7||6||16||10||20||18||80||25||155||9||14||2.8||7.0||4||30||0.5||1.0||14||14||14||14|
- Anti-aircraft Brigade
- Anti-Tank Brigade
- Armored Car Brigade
- Artillery Brigade
- Engineer Brigade
- Light Armored Brigade
- Self-Propelled Artillery Brigade
- Tank Destroyer Brigade
- Cavalry divisions are considered a soft unit.
- It is often considered that Basic Cavalry are a good place to stop for upgrading of units. Reasons include, cost effectiveness, Lack of Oil Consumption and the combat differences between Basic Cavalry and Semi-Motorised Cavalry being quite small.
- Cavalry are often useful as disposable raiders. When an enemy front has been holed the Cav race through to attempt to either encircle the enemy troops or race to capture/deny resources, IC or Victory Points
- Cavalry are classified in the category of TECH_CAT_CAVALRY and thus are affected by Terrain and Weather differently to other land types